Once the summer weather returns to our area, people start to rely on their home’s air conditioning system to keep them cool and comfortable. For homeowners who either don’t have ductwork throughout their home (such as those with radiant heat) or have added space to their home that is not connected to the duct system, keeping cool often means relying on window air conditioning units.
Call or Click:
Stevensville: (269) 429-9261
Coloma: (269) 468-4321
Ask A Tech
While window AC can help keep you cool during the summer, it does have some disadvantages. Often, window units are not as energy efficient as other types of air conditioning might be. They can also obstruct your view, and if not properly installed, can be pulled down by a pet or child. If you’d like to stay cool this summer but don’t want the hassle of adding ductwork to your home, ductless air conditioning is an option.
What is Ductless Air Conditioning?
You may not have heard of ductless cooling, or if you have, you might be unsure about what, exactly, it is. Ductless air conditioning is, quite simply, just what it sounds like – air conditioning that does not require ductwork to keep a home cool. Ductless air conditioning is installed in multiple units throughout the home, or just as one single unit in an area that needs cooling. Ductless systems require minimal construction for installation – the indoor and outdoor units are connected via a small-diameter conduit so only a small hole needs to be drilled into the wall. Unlike window AC, most ductless systems are installed high on a wall or in the ceiling, keeping them well out of the way of your living space.
What are Some Benefits of Ductless Cooling?
While keeping windows unobstructed is a benefit enough for many people, there are other advantages to installing a ductless system in your home. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Better Energy Efficiency: Ductless systems generally rely on heat pump technology to operate, which is one of the most efficient means of cooling available. Ductless systems are also much more efficient than most window air conditioners on the market today.
- Improved Comfort: Ductless cooling is very effective, whether used in one room or throughout the home. Additionally, ductless offers very quiet operation – much quieter than traditional window AC. Many users describe it as “quiet as a whisper,” making it a great cooling option for bedrooms and TV rooms.
- Ease of Operation: Ductless systems are generally operated via remote control – making it easy to control the temperature of your space with a simple click of a button. Some systems are even Wi-Fi capable, so they can be controlled via computer or smartphone, even when you’re not home.
- Indoor Air Quality: Because each ductless unit has its own filter, many ductless users notice that the air in their home is fresher and cleaner. And, cleaning the filter is simple enough for most homeowners to do on their own. (We still recommend annual maintenance, as that helps make sure all other system components are working properly.)
- Year-Round Comfort: One of the biggest advantages of ductless is that many models can provide heating during the cooler months as well. This means that ductless cooling and heating can be a viable option for replacing old, inefficient electric baseboard heating.
Can Boelcke help me get ductless for my home?
If you’re interested in ductless cooling and heating for your home, you’ll be glad to know that Boelcke can help. We’re pleased to provide our customers with quality ductless systems that can help them enjoy better home comfort all year long. When you need ductless cooling and heating from a qualified specialist, you can trust Boelcke Heating and Air Conditioning. We can help meet all your home comfort needs, large or small. Simply give us a call at (269) 429-9261, and we will be more than happy to assist you.